Thank you to the Community Cupids! πŸ’˜

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Community Cupid challenge on Valentine's Day! πŸ’˜

Y'all made it a huge success, and here are some numbers to prove it: 

Community Cupid badges earned: 3,074
New kudos members (welcome!): 107 
Users who earned the badge 100+ times: 15

cupid.gif

Our official Cupids are.... πŸ₯

@John Funk πŸŽ·
@Craig Nodwell πŸŒ³
@Hana KučerovΓ‘ πŸ’•
@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ πŸ™Œ
@Amanda Barber πŸ€©
@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ πŸ›
@Tomislav Tobijas πŸŽ‰
@Paloma Fondon Araujo πŸŠ
@Fadoua πŸ˜‡
@Mikael Sandberg β³
@Max Foerster - K15t πŸŒ²
@Sam Nadarajan πŸ˜Ž
@Taranjeet Singh πŸŽΆ
@Tobias H πŸ’™
@Andy Gladstone πŸ€˜
@Carol Lage πŸ˜

I'm so excited to see not just our amazing Community Leaders on the list, but some future Community Leaders as well πŸ˜‰

In the meantime, prizes!

Our top winners had the option of choosing $100 in credits from Kiva, allowing them to make microloans to people in need all over the world. This prize was made possible by Kiva (users of Atlassian tools) and the Atlassian Foundation. Congratulations and enjoy sharing the love with others through the Kiva platform!

For all our other winners, we are planting 100 trees in the country of their choice. So far we have 200 trees going to Haiti and 100 each to Indonesia, Brazil, and Nepal. If you're on the list above and haven't yet let me know where to plant your trees, take a look at the Eden Reforestation Projects website and let me know which country - from the "Our work" dropdown - you'd like to support. Feel free to post your choice in the comments. 

All in all, we will end up with 1,300 trees planted all over the world and 12 people helped via Kiva, thanks to the Cupids above.  

Hope you all had fun, and stay tuned for our next contest!

21 comments

Comment

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2023

trees.gif

Like β€’ # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2023

@Monique vdB I love the personalized emojis. And knowing the meaning behind some of them makes it even more fun for me to read this post!

I select Ethiopia as a place to plant my 🌳. I appreciate the opportunity to help a country that I have many friends from and know can benefit from the reforestation. 

KristjΓ‘n Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2023

Way cool! Way to go Atlassian with choosing the prices.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2023

Kiva is such a great org!

Hmm... I wonder if they use Jira. πŸ™ƒ

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 16, 2023

@Dave Liao according to this article looks like they use Jira, Confluence, and JSM πŸ˜‰

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 16, 2023

@Andy Gladstone I wondered if anyone would pick up on that... I tried to give meanings to all the emojis 😁

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2023

Jeez, I should have just searched! 🀣

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2023

AhYup, a tree should be planted for this!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2023

@Monique vdB Thank you for this post!

I would like to plant my 100 trees in "Nepal".

I love the "Community Cupid" badge.

Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2023

:backaway: I am not getting the meaning behind the emojis :( haha but I'll have my trees go to Brazil please!!

Also, I loved this challenge because I discovered more parts about the community that I otherwise wouldn't have taken the time to read, so in a way it was a scavenger hunt for me - thank you!

And I love these prizes because if my wife sees me come home with another Atlassian shirt she's going to flip haha

Monique vdB
Community Manager
February 16, 2023

Okay so now we have 200 for Brazil, 200 for Nepal, 200 for Haiti, and 100 each for Ethiopia and Indonesia! Nice job so far! 

@Sam Nadarajan Hahaha next time your emoji will be πŸ‘• - but I picked 😎 because I looked at your avatar and the outfit you're wearing and I thought "that guy is cool" so I picked the "cool dude" emoji. 😎

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2023

Love the use of the different emojis, too, @Monique vdB - my teammates consistently thank me for the time and thought I put into unique emojis I add to their standup reports each day in Slack. I've had to add a few but always try to find a fun, yet meaningful one to add based on what they've reported. It's been an easy way to keep things fun and personalized!

Tobias H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2023

Thank you so much for putting the challenge together, it was a great time for me to dive deeper into the Community side of Atlassian. Previously, I've just asked the occassional question when I've faced a problem with my own work, but now I've actually started doing what I can to help out others as well as reading up on a lot of fun articles 😁

Such a great initiative with both Kiva and planting of trees, I am stoked. I wish to help the community in Mindanao to reforest their lands :)

Love the heart emoji, everyone need more hearts in their lives πŸ˜ŠπŸ’œ

Monique vdB
Community Manager
February 16, 2023

@Amanda Barber yes! we have various Slack checkins and I always add emojis. I love them. I picked starry-eyed for you because you are a rising star I have my eye on πŸ˜‰

@Tobias H I'm so glad to hear that! There's so many great corners of the community and I'm glad this helped you and @Sam Nadarajan find some of them. Plus you're diving into answering questions so it sounds like you also need a star πŸ’« and I will put you down for Mindanao, Philippines! 

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2023

Congratulations to everybody! Amazing initiative! Let's plant some trees and help other people!

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2023

Hi all! First of all I loved the challenge of being cupid and giving kudos and likes to all community members! πŸ’™

I love my emoji! It's also very special for me because the year I was born the football World Cup was held in Spain and the mascot was an orange (it was called Naranjito) 🍊

And last but not least, I love the initiative of planting trees 🌴🌳🌲 I choose Kenya πŸ₯°!

Thank you so much @Monique vdB and congrats to all!!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
February 16, 2023

@Paloma Fondon Araujo oh my gosh, that's amazing. I was thinking of a cocktail called the Orange Paloma πŸŠ but I love the story about the Naranjito. 🧑

Our first Kenya! Brings us to 200 for Brazil, 200 for Nepal, 200 for Haiti, and 100 each for Ethiopia, Indonesia, Kenya, and Philippines!  

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2023

@Monique vdB , the emojis are awesome... and fitting. πŸ˜„ The challenge was super fun. Thank you so much for coming up with it. πŸ’™

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2023

I'm glad I've managed to contribute to reforestation through this community challenge!
Each day I'm kinda feeling more inspired by other community members and the impact we all can have on an international level 😊

Anyhow, seeing the reforestation support so far, I would like to give my vote to Mozambique 🌳

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2023

Wow, I have never been a top cupid before, haha. What an honor - and I LOVED be able to donate to Kiva!

Hana KučerovÑ
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 20, 2023

Awesome! The whole event, emojis, donations… Thank you!!!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events