🏅THE ATLYMPICS 🏅

Announcement @2x.png

Esteemed Community Members,

We are excited to announce the 2021 Atlympic Games. Spoiler - you’ve already qualified!

The three values of Atlympics are connectingsharing and learning. These values align closely with our Community’s goal of promoting new relationships, sharing knowledge, and helping teams work better together.

The Atlympic games will run from July 23rd to August 8th of 2021. Sign up here to participate in the first ever Community Atlympic Games!

The Atlympics will test in equal parts your Atlassian Community spirit and product knowledge. But mostly we hope that you’ll meet new friends (and/or worthy competitors depending on how much you want to win 😂).

Quick rundown of the Atlympics:

• You will fall into three types of Atlympic athlete: Community LeaderCommunity Member, or Atlassian Team Member. You will only compete against the people in your category.

• Once your sign up, we'll email you a link to join the Atlympics Community Group where you can access training materials, view leaderboards, and connect with fellow athletes
  • We will have 12 events in total, with categories ranging from Product (Trello) to Teamwork (Playbook)

• We will update this post at 8AM PST on July 23rd, linking out to all 12 of our challenge categories

• The top three competitors in each category (Community Leader, Community Member, or Atlassian Team Member) will receive a Gold, Silver, or Bronze medal (both in badge and physical form).

• We’ll also send overall Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals to the competitors who excelled cross-category

• We will have both opening ceremonies to meet our fellow competitors 🤝, and closing ceremonies to congratulate our new friends  

• While the Atlympics are an individual competition, we will also publish some geography data at the end to give shoutouts to countries whose members went above and beyond!

Keep an eye on this post - we will add a schedule of training opportunities/social events soon! In the meantime, please introduce yourself on this thread! Bonus points if you post a photo of yourself doing an actual sport.

23 comments

Comment

Veronique DUFOUR June 30, 2021

Could you explain the different types of athlete (Community Leader, Community Member, or Atlassian Team Member) please ?

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

@Veronique DUFOUR , the first two are defined by your current standing in the Community while the last has to do with actually being an Atlassian employee. 

Community Member - any user in the Community that has not yet obtained the Community Leader status. 

Community Leader - defined in the Community FAQ as “The most knowledgeable and enthusiastic members of the Atlassian Community have the chance to become Community Leaders, an elite group of top contributors who host events, answer questions and write articles about Atlassian products and related topics. This in turn allows them to unlock perks like access to Leader-only spaces, discounts to Atlassian events, special swag, and, of course, fame and glory.” 

Atlassian Team Member - a Community member that works for Atlassian and contributes at a “next level” in the Community. They often will chase down questions for Community Leaders when they cannot or should not answer posts.

The later two will have a lozenge/badge beside the users’s name in their posts.

Like # people like this
Veronique DUFOUR June 30, 2021

@Jack Brickey  Thanks for the quick response :)

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

Super excited to be joining the new Atlympic Games task.

Like Bridget likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2021

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie here in this community.

Love this concept - connecting, sharing and learning and analogy from Atlassian . The spirit matters.

Love to be part of this.

Cheers

Suvradip

#atlympics

#atlassiancommunity

Like # people like this
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2021

This looks like it's going to be so fun!

hM7NdeG

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2021

That sounds fun :)

Like Bridget likes this
Barbara Schwach July 2, 2021

I'm usually not an Olympics fervent supporter, but I might change my mind because of this event!! It seems fun :)

(and, let's be honest, as France is not going to win the Euro football Championship, let's focus on another sport for now lol :D )

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 6, 2021

@Barbara Schwach , that's the spirit!!! :) 

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2021

I'm waiting to join my hands. I hope it will be filled with more fun and Joy 

Like Bridget likes this
Isha July 7, 2021

Love this! 💜 heart Counting down the days until July 23rd.

Like # people like this
Ignacio Aredez
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2021

I am already doing my mental preparation 🧘 for the event  ✨. 

Like Bridget likes this
Gregory Van Den Ham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2021

I ate my Wheaties!  :)

A Brief History of The Olympics, According to 13 Wheaties Boxes | Mental  Floss

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2021

Already warming up! 🤩

Like # people like this
Rodney Nissen
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2021

So ready...

giphy

Like Bridget likes this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 19, 2021

@Svenja Lorenzen - smart. These games will be VERY grueling!! 😂

Like Svenja Lorenzen likes this
Bridget
Community Manager
July 19, 2021

@Rodney Nissen Not sure if ice hockey is included in the Summer Games but I really admire the spirit!! 😭

Rodney Nissen
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2021

If they can play Hockey in Huntsville, AL, I'm sure it can be considered a "Whenever" game

Like D Wilson likes this
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2021

Just one more day for the opening ceremony, I can't wait!

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2021

And it begins!!

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2021

olympic.gif
3....2.....1...Go!!

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2021

Totally caught up in Olympic and Atlympic fever right now!

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
Sofia Neto Canário August 11, 2021

Hi! How can we see the results? 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events