Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show off your holiday sweaters for a good cause!

Hello community! In the spirit of the holidays and the conclusion of 2023, we’ve put together a fun contest for a great cause. From December 6-16, we want to see your favorite festive sweater or shirt! Extra points if they happen to make someone laugh. 🙂

We’ll be selecting winners in the following categories: Crowd Favorite, Atlassian Team Choice, and three runner-ups. What are the prizes, you ask? Not only will you get Atlassian swag, but we’ll also donate $250 to your local food bank. And as the cherry on top, participants will all be able to show off their threads at our first-ever virtual Atlassian Community Holiday Social where we’ll have a fun virtual catwalk for you to bring out that inner supermodel! Winners will be announced at the Social on December 20, so you don’t want to miss it!

To submit your holiday outfit, post your photo on this thread by December 16, 2023. Feel free to share the story behind your sweater, and vote for your favorite by liking as many photos as you’d like! Please note that we'll accept photos from the past too.

I’ll go first - here’s my favorite holiday sweater that I wore every year between 2016-2020, but it mysteriously disappeared during a move and the thought of it haunts me every December. 

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 9.21.38 PM.png

Can't wait to see all of your photos! Cheers!

38 comments

Comment

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2023

Exciting!

IMG_9386.jpg

Like # people like this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2023

Happy Holiday Sweaters!!

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 12.35.47 PM.png

Like # people like this
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2023

Sporting my Atlassian Developer hoodie and Confluence muffler!  

IMG_6343.jpg

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2023

I’m looking forward to all the contributions. Unfortunately I don’t own such sweater :-(.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2023

Hey @Hana Kučerová  You should just photoshop a sweater onto a picture of you :)

P.s. I snagged my wife's sweater...

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 7, 2023

@Hana Kučerová I turned @Fun Man Andy 's rainbow suit into a sweater for you:

Hana.png

Like # people like this
Mark Cruth
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2023

Happy Holidays🎄 

MarkCruth.jpeg

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2023

My Atlassian ugly sweat(shirt) :)

image.png

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2023

@Amanda Barber 

I got the same one somewhere

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2023

@Monique vdB LOL, I absolutely love it, that made my day, thank you

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2023

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen challenge accepted :-)

Like # people like this
Hassan Khan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 10, 2023

Thanks to all liking this....,WhatsApp Image 2023-08-13 at 10.04.35 AM.jpeg

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2023

One just isn't enough so...

IMG_9380.jpg

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2023

So it's been a few years since I did it, but at our local blood bank they've got a tradition of offering "Ugly Sweater" t-shirts if you donate during the holiday season. (I try to donate at least a few times a year, but it doesn't always line up with the holidays.) Anyways, I'll take this opportunity to give a plug for donating blood locally - it's (fairly) painless and incredibly helpful to your community. 

IMG_6369.JPG

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2023

So during the time I was fortunate enough to work at Netflix, there was no shortage of swag, but I've gotta say, this remains a favorite since I've always got an "ugly sweater" for holiday parties, contests, etc.

IMG_6385.JPG

Like # people like this
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2023

Like # people like this
Aswin Raj D
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2023

From 'Santa's Little Helper' to 'Santa's Little Less-Plump-Elf'! This red hoodie might be roomier now, thanks to my magical weight loss journey from chimney-sized to elf-sized this year.  Guess my present to myself was shedding some pounds and gaining the ability to squeeze down chimneys like a pro! Happy Holiday....

Aswin Raj.jpg

Like # people like this
ronald_bergmann December 14, 2023

@Mark Cruththat's an rexcellent sweater!

Like # people like this
Morbhen Rattray
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 14, 2023

Not a sweater per say but here is my festive cheer

IMG_2010.jpg

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2023

I´m not very good with Photoshop, but here it goes... if I have holiday sweater, Baby Yoda would definitely be on it...

jumper.png

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2023

@Hana Kučerová  that is way cool!  :)

Like # people like this
Arshiya Sultana
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2023

Winter moments, Ginger bread making and decoration with kids, family portrait and my holiday sweater

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-15 at 5.18.39 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-15 at 5.18.40 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-12-15 at 5.21.14 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-12-15 at 5.22.36 PM.jpeg

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2023

Happy Holidays! Loving my new Not-So-Ugly Harry Potter Holiday sweater! 

Summer Holiday.jpg

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2023

@Amanda Barber I have one of those too and it's so comfy! 

Atlassian.jpg

Like # people like this
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2023

I'm not a noisy suit kind of guy, but gotta break out of my comfort zone every now and then (also unexpectedly won this XL light-up suit at a white elephant) (and yes, I am full on wearing another suit under this suit!)

IMG_2129.jpg

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events