Making Atlassian products more fun!

Jacob Young
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2021

Hey y'all! Having fun with the Kudos program on Community .... and want to see it beyond Community laugh?

Community is looking into ways we can have your Kudos recognitions, points, and challenges follow you across the Atlassian ecosystem. 

Some questions to get your ideas flowing:

• How can Kudos make Atlassian products more fun? ("Confetti on Jira!!!")
  • Can Kudos help you learn how to use Atlassian products better? Would you be interested in that? ("Complete this training experience on Confluence and earn 1000 kudos!")
  • Do you want to earn Kudos points for behavior outside of Community? ("Test out a new template on Trello" or "Attend an ACE event!")
  • Would you want to recognize awesome teammates in Jira, Trello, or Confluence? How would you want your team and teammates to see they've been recognized for their work?
  • Anything else that comes to mind!

Let's hear it out!

3 comments

Comment

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

"Did something cool with an Atlassian product at work" (not sure how to decide what cool is though)

"Educated people at work about an Atlassian tool" - gave an internal presentation or discussion

"Made an Atlassian tool easier to use at work" - many large organizations have all kinds of self-service and other tools wrapped around their Atlassian tools

Like # people like this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2021

With all the spam articles that community leaders and others are reporting these days, for sure there should be an award for helping to clean up the site. Ugg!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2021

100%! On Atlassian Developer Community, they reward you for your first (legitimate) flagging of a post.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2021

@Jacob Young - yes to everything you mentioned!

The idea of Atlassian-wide Whuffie is hilarious yet provocative.

Obviously the idea of system-wide points can be appealing. I love how Microsoft implements this with Gamerscores and Xbox profiles across games and platforms.

Like Jacob Young likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2021

Are we talking about building in a kudos framework within the applications. If so, IMO, I don’t think kudos fits into the framework of learning software products. If you mean something else ignore the rest.

In the context of educating users, I do think having some built in tutorials and more direct access to the documentation such as being able to search for the documentation answers within the application would be great. Imagine being able to click into the quick search bar and type Jira workflows and being given options of documentation articles. I also believe having tutorials for the new users to go through training and hands-on learning built-in to the app would be great. There is already a bit of that if I recall but it’s pretty high-level stuff. 

I would caution against making a professional application gimmicky. Being able to disable this at an individual user basis would be important. 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2021

Good call - being able to disable this feature/integration on an instance level would be appropriate/needed, too.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events