Hi All I'm new here! Time reports

Maureen Gilchrist December 7, 2022

I'm new to Jira as our team's 'admin' - but can't figure out a way to produce a report for time logged against multiple jira's, say, for one resource - love some tips!

Merry Christmas!

6 comments

Comment

Tom Vanhout December 7, 2022

Install the tempo app. The best there is. 

BC December 7, 2022

Hello Maureen welcome! I will say this, with Jira there are several ways to track time. Out of the box Jira's native time tracking is mainly focused on time spent on an issue vs an individual's personal time logs. For example, looking inside the issue's time tracking section, it will show you how much time was spent working on the issue but not necessarily which individuals logged the time and how much they logged. Couple of options:

1. Tracking time for a resource - you can get creative with the native tools. For ex. assign an issue to a resource and whatever time is logged, we can assume that resource logged it. There are certainly issues with this approach but hopefully you get the point

2. Tracking Individual or a Team's time - Usually requires a type of timesheet app from the marketplace. These apps allow you to track time on an individual or team level and run reports. 

Hope this helps!

Like # people like this
Maureen Gilchrist December 9, 2022

Thanks @BC  - I'll look on the marketplace again, I tested a few apps but nothing got me what I need - we are a PS type org and in the coming year will need to produce timesheets for our customers, so I'm looking to be able to pull time logged against one or many tasks/subtasks for a specific customer!

Andreas Springer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

Hi @Maureen Gilchrist and welcome! :)

Another option is Timesheet Builder, which offers similar and in some areas superior features compared to Tempo at a lower price.

Full disclaimer: I am working for the developer, just mentioning it because it was the specific question and other apps have been mentioned.

If you want to know more or have a demo, let me know.

Thanks!

Like Maureen Gilchrist likes this
Maureen Gilchrist December 9, 2022

thanks I'll give it a look and let you know if I need more appreciate you!

Carlos Alfonso December 7, 2022

I second @Tom Vanhout on Tempo, nothing else I have seen makes it as easy to log time and generate reports. 

If you are using Zephyr Squad and want to keep track of Execution time (not kept in Jira) you will need to use different tools or direct Zephyr API interaction. 

Lucy Warner_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2022

Hello @Maureen Gilchrist 

Don't you want to get the app, which shows:

• how long it takes for you (or other team members) to solve the issue.
  • total time the team member spent solving a particular issue.
  • the time spent in each status (so you can identify on which stage some bottlenecks occur and who is responsible for them.?

Assignee Time.gif

If so, you can try Time in Status for Jira Cloud which is developed by my SaaSJet team.

As for me, it's more informative and interesting than just tracking the logged time.

I hope, you find the app that fits your needs the best.

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2022

@Maureen Gilchrist w/o a cost comparison I will add to the list of possibilities. You might try Clockify.

https://clockify.me/

Maureen Gilchrist December 19, 2022

Thanks I'll give it a look!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events