Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about challenges

Hello, yesterday got an invite to Rewards Beta, yay!

As an ex-game designer, I've had opportunities to work with game mechanics in videogames but also some of my projects were related to 'gamification' of non-gaming stuff, similar to the Atlassian community board.

It is always a challenge for the designer to find a balance between rewards and fun, to keep participants stay motivated. If done incorrectly it can result in a mindless grinding of that system (which is toxic for the community) or the opposite - an abandoned and boring feature no one cares about.

Anyways, some Atlassian challenges encourage people to do certain activities which is nice.

For instance 'Enterprise Engage' reward size encourages to complete it. But since not many activities in Enterprize group + a very specific topic (at least for me, a cloudy admin) will end up with necroposting and useless commenting and likes just to move on. I've spent around 45 minutes reading stuff there, but didn't found anywhere where I could drop 5 comments (unless those posts were dated like summer 2020).

2 comments

Comment

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

Hi @Alexey I believe this beta version is still evolving as per the challenges "description and navigations" provided. I'm exploring some of them and eager to see if their is a feedback submission link that Atlassian is going to provide us all.

The "challenges" concept and visibility are fun, clean UI and encouraging.

Jacob Young
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2021

Hey @Alexey !

Great to have you enrolled in the Beta. Appreciate your feedback as we're building the program. Always happy to connect on how we can make this program reward your contributions properly on Community while incentivizing the right behavior. 

Jacob

Like Monique vdB likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events