Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

🐎 Atlympic Feature: Victoria Helthuis

Announcement @2x.png

Greetings, Atlympians! 

The countdown is on - The Atlympics officially start this Friday, July 23rd. I hope you enjoy this interview with yet another Atlassian team member who once harbored athletic aspirations of her own! 

Hi Victoria! What's your role at Atlassian?

My role at Atlassian is Strategic Enterprise development representative for the DACH Market in the EMEA Region. 

What was your sport?

My sport was horse riding and especially showjumping. I started when I was six and competed professionally on the Junior circuit from the age of 14 to 17. In those years I had the chance to compete at several Nations Cups, I became Dutch Champion twice and competed at the European Championships for Juniors. 

IMG-6798.jpg

How do you think being a competitive athlete has influenced the way you show up for your TEAM? 

It has definitely had its impact for me in the way that I am very disciplined to make everything perfect for people in my team. Even though horse riding is quite the individualistic sport, I still felt like it's a team sport with the trainer, supportive family and of course the horse :) So to me it is natural to engage people as a team and I still love to arrange and plan things and make sure that everyone is included in activities. I would also say that thanks to my history I learned to be super organized when it comes to sharing things within the team and make sure that everyone has all the information they need. 

IMG-6796.jpg

Thanks, Victoria! :) 

1 comment

Comment

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2021

I'm really enjoying reading all of these features - thanks to those taking part

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events