Atlassian Shruti Boddu shares her fall galette recipe and why she started her vegan cake bakery

Our next Atlassian is @Shruti from our marketing analytics team, who shares how her vegan home goods bakery was born and more on how she hosted a remote galette making session for her team!

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 12.46.53 PM.jpg

A few of Shruti's vegan cakes!

Tell us about your role and team at Atlassian! What’s your favorite Atlassian value, and why?

I work on Marketing Analytics and specifically support Confluence product marketing. My team and I help marketers assess the impact of their efforts and make recommendations for future initiatives using the power of data.

My favorite Atlassian value is definitely Play, as a team. I feel like my team embodies this value - we’re all friends, we work hard, and we do our best to have fun while we’re crunching all those numbers 🙂

We hear you’re a galette whiz, and you also have a small home bakery (Shru’s Kitchen) where you make vegan baked goods! How did you get into baking, and what do you love most about it?

I started my kitchen ventures with the intention of sharing vegan recipes with my friends and family. I slowly realized that baking for loved ones is what brings me true happiness.

A lot of my cake recipe testing actually started at Atlassian when I used to bake cakes for my teammate’s birthdays! They were wonderful (and very, very kind) guinea pigs.

With time people started reaching out to order cakes and Shru’s Kitchen was born. I love creating new and unique flavors. I also just love seeing the looks on people’s faces when they eat my cakes, especially after I tell them that they’re vegan.

Do you have a favorite recipe that you’d like to share?

This is a hard one, but I recently did a virtual galette making class with my team at Atlassian, and we followed a recipe I have on my blog for fall galettes!

We also used Atlassian products (Confluence to share the recipe, ingredients and tools needed, and I used Trello to plan the session)!

zoom.jpg

What kind of kitchen collaborator are you?

If I was collaborating with someone, I’d be excited to bounce recipe ideas and flavors off of them. I’d also love an official taste tester and…. definitely someone to help me wash all my cake pans!

What’s a go-to “ingredient” or quality that successful teams have?

Empathy. I think operating with empathy can go a long way in understanding each teammate’s unique situation, thereby finding ways to work better with them.

Any advice for those participating in the Great Atlassian Bakeoff?

Measuring cups are your best friend! On your mark, get set…. bake!

Thanks, Shruti! Submit your recipe at Great Atlassian Bake off, and follow along with the fun at #AtlassianBakeOff.

3 comments

Comment

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro December 8, 2021

Oh God, that's fabulous!

What engagement of this team!

Congrats!! 🥳 🎉 👏 

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2021

That looks amazing!

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

thanks for sharing!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events