Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Nara So inspires us to experiment by perfecting the art of chiffon cake 🍰

We're continuing with more inspiration for our Great Atlassian Bake Off with @Nara So, a Senior Software Engineer with our Jira Software team who also has a penchant for beautiful cakes and agile experimentation through colors, patterns, and flavors.

I'm excited for you to hear her top tips in baking and in collaboration!

PXL_20211126_070623967.PORTRAIT-2 (1).jpg

Rosewater chiffon cake layered with raspberry whipped cream, topped with raspberries, strawberries, candied pistachios and rose petals.

Tell us about your role and team at Atlassian! What’s your favorite Atlassian value, and why?

Hi :slight_smile:, I’m Nara, a senior software engineer in the Jira Software team working on adding features to team-managed boards. 

My favorite Atlassian value is “Play, as a team” because we all need to be there for one another to work well together, support one another and enjoy work. This is particularly so with all the things happening in the world lately.

We love your baking Instagram, nara.bakes! How did you get into baking, and what do you love most about it?

Thank you! I have fond childhood memories of my mum making apple pies and blueberry muffins and have been baking here and there while growing up.

With the COVID lockdowns in Sydney over the past year or so, I started experimenting more with the types of desserts I was making as well as the flavours. It helped me destress and gave me something creative to do while stuck at home. I also love that I can make something delicious for others to enjoy.

PXL_20210828_231316654.jpg

Butterfly pea powder snowskin mooncakes with a pandan and coconut filling

Do you have a favorite recipe that you’d like to share?

My specialty is making sponge cakes since I love the light and fluffy texture. I usually use green tea chiffon cake as my base recipe and substitute the matcha for other flavours.

How to make the perfect chiffon cake also has some great tips so you can get it right easily.

What kind of kitchen collaborator are you?

If I’m baking with others, I usually provide tips that I’ve learned so we can create something tasty together.

For cooking savory dishes, I’m happy to do anything and tend to have the responsibility of assembling/plating the dish if we’ve got guests over.

What’s a go-to “ingredient” or quality that successful teams have?

Good communication! A lot of challenges can be made easier with communication and transparency amongst everyone involved.

What's your advice for those participating in the Great Atlassian Bakeoff?

Don’t be afraid of experimenting. Have fun!

Thanks, Nara! Get all the details on how to participate in the Great Atlassian Bake Off and how to win the title of Ace Baker today.

3 comments

Comment

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2021

Absolutely gorgeous! 😍

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 3, 2021

Stunning! Thanks for such a great interview, Nara!

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2021

Wow! That is absolutely amazing looking. Now I feel bad about my attempt... but its the Olympic spirit that counts :) (I hope...)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events