Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where can I see the log of pulls and clones?

Thomas Walker lynch
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 3, 2018

I've put some time into trying to figure out.  It is very frustrating and far from obvious.

Open to the repository, there is a section for pull requests.   I know some users have pulled the code down -- but bitbucket is telling me there have been no pulls.   So I'm guessing that cloning the code is not pulling the code also?  So then anyone who wants to do a pull without it being logged, just clones instead??   

Digging in the docks it says there is a log of audit events.  I've pushed every button on the UI, and I don't see it.   The doc pages says: "You can find the log file in the  <Bitbucket Server home directory>/log/audit directory."   If I type a url  https://bitbucket.org/user/repo/log/audit  it gives me an error saying "that link has no power here"  same if I just use /log after the repo.   If they are talking about the source code tree, then no, there is no log directory there.

Who has our code, and how can I see that???  And just as importantly, how can I document that?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2018

Hello Thomas and welcome to the Community!

From you post you have certainly done your homework on accessing the bitbucket audit logs. One thing that might have been overlook is the path for the audit logs is an directory path to the logs and not a URL path. Meaning, to access your audit logs for bitbucket you must complete the following;

1. Navigate within the OS to the listed path
  2. Locate the Audit log you need to review
  3. Open your audit log within a text viewer of your choosing

Example:

image.png

Please note these audit logs are not available through the web UI of BitBucket.

I hope this clarifies how to access the BitBucket audit logs.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events