using self signed certificate in bitbucket-pipelines.yml

zamek z January 27, 2019

Hi All,

I want to use a private repository to store docker images. Unfortunately it has self signed certificate only.  How can I accept this certificate in my bitbucket-pipelines.yml? 

In gitlab there is an opportunity to set parameters for docker service like this: 

services:                                                                                                                                          
 - name: docker:dind                       
         command: ["--insecure-registry=fqdn_of_registry:port"]  

Is there a similar method in bitbucket? 

1 answer

0 votes
Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2019

Hi Zamek,

Try following the instructions here: https://docs.docker.com/registry/insecure/#use-self-signed-certificates

There may be some additional configuration required, so let me know how it goes. At the moment we don't allow setting Docker daemon flags, but those instructions don't appear to require changing any flags.

Thanks,

Phil

zamek z February 4, 2019

Hi Philip,

I could implement self signed certificate handling in gitlab. I think so it is very important, because most of the users doesn't have a certified server.  AFAIK docker daemon needs to notify that sites have no signed certificate.  Until my bitbucket-pipelines.yml entering to a stages, docker daemon already started. Is there any other method, to notify daemon insecure sites? 

thx,

Zamek

Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2019

Hi Zemek,

Unfortunately not, for the time being.

I see you've already started following the related feature request for this. So, I'd say that's the best place to watch for updates on us adding support.

Thanks,

Phil

zamek z February 5, 2019

Hi Philip,

Yes, thanks I found it later. 

thx,

Zamek

Samuel Lester March 24, 2021

any updates on this.. i don't need an insecure route but a self signed ssl cert should be configable with bitbucket pipeline's docker.

Like Danny Thuering likes this
Brogan Klombies October 27, 2022

Has anyone figured out how to connect to a self-signed Docker registry with basic authentication via Bitbucket Pipelines? The Docker documentation says that in some cases you must restart Docker for changes to take effect. How do you restart the Docker service provided by Bitbucket? It's not listed as a service (`service --status-all`) AFAIK.

Edit: after seeing a similar post, https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/How-to-configure-docker-daemon-with-pipelines-to-trust-a-private/qaq-p/758893, I realize I can't restart BB's Docker.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events