Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to configure docker daemon with pipelines to trust a private certificate authority Edited

Hi, 

I'm using bitbucket pipelines and try to configure a step to authenticate to my private registry deployed with a self-signed certificate.

but the following command returns : "x509: certificate signed by unknown authority"

docker login --username $DOCKER_HUB_USERNAME --password $DOCKER_HUB_PASSWORD registry.my-company.com

On a linux-based normal build environnement, I normally use the method described there to specify my certificate authority : Docker registry - use self signed certificates which is :

1. cp certs/domain.crt /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/myregistrydomain.com.crt update-ca-certificates
  2. Restart Docker daemon for the changes to take effect.

But with bitbucket pipelines I did not find the way to interact with docker daemon to tell him to use my certificate authority as it is started in a separate instance.

How to tell docker daemon to trust my certificate ? 

Here is my basic bitbucket-pipelines configuration file : 

image: atlassian/default-image:1
pipelines:
default:
- step:
services:
- docker
script:
- docker login --username $DOCKER_HUB_USERNAME --password $DOCKER_HUB_PASSWORD registry.my-company.com

Thank you for your kind help :)

3 answers

2 votes

Hi,

Pipelines provides no mechanism for restarting the Docker daemon. You're going to need to figure out a workaround that doesn't need to do this. Which the Docker documentation suggests there aren't any.

I'd suggest opening a ticket here to track being able to interact with the Docker daemon: https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/new

Unfortunately I can't think of any more specific guidance here.

Thanks,

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thank you for taking the time to answer! 

You confirmed my thought about the docker daemon.

Knowing that, as a workaround I am thinking to redeploy a docker repository proxy with a Lets-encrypt certificate following this kind of procedure.

Like that I just need to change my repository proxy, not the repository itself that stay private.

I will let you know if it works.

Thanks.

Hello, 

I am also getting same error "x509: certificate signed by unknown authority" when I am trying to connect my harbor registry from bitbucket pile line script. 

Please let me know is there any way to resolve this issue ?

script:
- docker login --username $HARBOR_USERNAME --password $HARBOR_PASSWORD registry.my-company.com

Thanks,

Koushik

Hi Marc-Antoine,

have you found any workaround for that? Did you solve this issue somehow?

Hi,

I am also facing the same error "error "x509: certificate signed by unknown authority" with docker login in bitbucket pipeline 

Did anyone find any workaround?

it's 2021 and still no solution? Did atlassian let this one slip through the cracks? It seems like a feature a lot of people would want.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Calling any interview participants for Bitbucket Data Center

Hi everyone,  We are looking to learn more about development teams’ workflows and pain points, especially around DevOps, integrations, administration, scale, security, and the related challeng...

503 views 6 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you