Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer workspace from one account to another

gregorymaertens May 27, 2020

Hello,

is there a way to transfer a whole workspace to another account? (i.e. all its projects and repositories)?

I know how to transfer individual repositories but i have a workspace with 100+ repositories and I'm looking for a better way than doing it individually.

Thank you !

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2020

The easiest way to do that would be to add the other account to your workspace as an admin. Then you can remove the original account, effectively "transferring" the workspace.

Here is some additional documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/organize-your-workspace-into-user-groups-966686579.html

gregorymaertens May 28, 2020

That's right! Workspaces are floating and belong to whoever admins them...

Thanks

mehov December 12, 2020

Just a note: won't work on a free plan because then a workspace can have only 1 user. But yeah, would rather upgrade than transfer 100 repos manually

Algonumerics October 27, 2021

Free plan allows 5 users :-)

Nicolas Smith January 4, 2022

Unless the user leaves your organisation and forgets to transfer they're workspaces or repo. At which point your completely stuck and possible can't retrieve your code.

0 votes
Michael Glenn Williams November 6, 2021

@Tyler T  We are trying your advice. We rebranded our company with a new domain so we are trying to transfer all assets to the new account we created under the new company info. We cannot find a way to add a member of the new account to the old group that owns all the assets. What is the process ?

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2021

If the repositories are being moved to a new workspace (with the rebranded name), then the groups will need to be setup again. Groups are owned by workspaces.

From what you are describing, it sounds like it might be easier to rename the old workspace to the rebranded name. Otherwise the groups will need to be configured for the new workspace.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events