Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the stash url is not easy to copy [ UI issue ]

RAJESHP December 2, 2013

on chrome: i double click on the url and it is not a clean high light to copy the url.

on firefox : [ i dont have ff installed ] but it is difficult to high light and in case of double click the word is highlighted.

would be nice to have a copy to clipboard button.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jpoh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2013

The URL below the repository name field on the repository settings page is a just live preview of what your repo URL will look like as you type. Stash replaces invalid characters (spaces and symbols) with hyphens in the URL so it may look different to the repo name.

Once you save your changes on that page, the URL will be in the "Clone" drop-down button at the top of every page within that repo. Clicking on the "Clone" button automatically selects the whole URL so you can just right-click > Copy press ctrl-C (or cmd-C on a Mac) to copy the URL to the clipboard. The "Clone" url panel also lets you switch between HTTP and SSH urls if you've got SSH keys set up.

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2013

As we rarely use SSH, it would be nice to have a "prefered" method displayed:

When I click on "Clone", the first choice is always "SSH". I have to select "HTTP" first, before I get the desired address.

Would be nice, if it would be possible to make "HTTP" the first choice - to avoid one more mousclick ...

jpoh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2013

@johannes if you have a SSH key added to your profile, then the preference is to show the SSH clone URL first. If you remove the SSH key from your profile (user menu in the header > View profile > Manage account > SSH Keys), then the Clone dropdown will always show the HTTP url. Hope this helps?

Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2013

Aaah - that's the trick. I experimented with SSH and actually have a SSH-Key registered.

Thanks for the hint

0 votes
Mike Wright December 2, 2013

I have seen Stash display git URLs in at least three different ways, but only two of the ways can be cut & pasted when I use Chrome. On the create repo initial dialog and on the repo settings screen, the URL is displayed but is not selectable. On the clone drop down it is pre selected (but the wrong one is shown by default). On the repo creation screen the URL can be higlighted/selected, but it isn't showing the SSH URL that I'd prefer to use.

I think that the every page that displays the repo URL should include the SSH version and always be selectable for cut and paste. This should work the same on all browsers.

jpoh
Atlassian Team
December 3, 2013

The repo URLs shown on the create repo screen and the repo settings screen are previews of what the repo URL would look like after spaces and symbols have been replaced, and all uppercase characters have been converted to lowercase.

The Clone URL inside of the dropdown is constructed so that it includes the currently logged-in user's username, or the correct SSH clone url, depending on which protocol you want to use.

What do you mean by "the wrong one is shown by default"?

There's a fix in an upcoming version of Stash that will show the SSH clone URL in the empty repo screen if SSH is enabled in your Stash instance and you have a SSH key added to your profile.

0 votes
RAJESHP December 2, 2013

not the clone one .. the other one from settings ... and the url that is mentioned there is a pain to double click and copy .. it kind of looks weird too since it highlights two lines ..

[ again this is just a good to have from a UI perspective ]

0 votes
Roger Barnes
Atlassian Team
December 2, 2013

The clone URL is already selected when it appears, so you can right-click and copy without selecting. Is this not the case for you?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events