stash server.xml/config.properties symlink support

Hi Stash/Bitbucket admin community

The core of this question is pretty simple:  Does Atlassian support (and intend to continue support for) $STASH_HOME/shared/server.xml and $STASH_HOME/shared/stash-config.properties as symbolic links to files stored on another file system ?

Shortly after the upgrade to 3.8/data center edition – stash refused to start when these files were symbolic links out of SHARED (an NFS mounted filesystem) to a local drive.  I should have saved the error, but in essence this was "Cannot start with properties file on different filesystem"

I finally got around to re-testing in 3.11 – and it appears this is no longer a limitation.

----

I have not yet been able to find a changelog or bug report indicating this was a reported/fixed issue, and wanted to know if anyone else had encountered it?  Or possibly if this is code flop – and thus, I can't safely rely upon it being intended/supported behavior between versions.

1 answer

I am using Bitbucket Data Center 3.9.1 I have found no issues with creating symbolic links on the "shared" directory itself.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

2,029 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you