Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote: Invalid username or password

nbinnajib November 26, 2021

Hi all,
I am new here and having problem setting up similar for bitbucket. I set up the app password today (using https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/app-passwords/) , check that it is authenticated (clipboard1.jpg) but was not able to push my code (clipboard2.jpg). While troubleshooting, I have updated my sourcetree app to the latest 3.4.7 version. Why is there a mismatch in authentication results and attempting to push my code to bitbucket? Hope you can provide some clues on what to check next.

FYI, I just finish setting up a PAT for git successfully on sourcetree and able to push my code updates.

FYI, I search the community for some ideas as in this post and had put in my comment/questions - this question is created as per request by community leader : )

Regards,
nbinnajibclipboard2 - bitbucket error.jpgclipboard1 - bitbucket authenticated.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2022

Hi @nbinnajib 

G'day!

Can you navigate to Windows credentials manager and search for Bitbucket, then delete all the entries in it? I suspect Sourcetree is using the old/wrong password store in the credentials manager hence you are getting an invalid password id/password error.

Once deleted, re-authenticate again and do a git pull. It should trigger a new password popup or if not then it's now authenticating using your latest credentials.

Let me know how it goes

Cheers,
Syahrul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events