regarding username login

Bankim Parekh February 16, 2021

Hi,

I am trying to login to my repo after a long time and have always used username but it looks like i cannot use username any more and then when i tried to retrive using email address (which i think was associated) created another account on bitbucket.. I had ,my repos on my account. How can I get it back.

Please help.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2021

Hi @Bankim Parekh ,

In 2016 we introduced Atlassian accounts for Bitbucket to provide single login to all Atlassian Cloud products with the same email. Since then, login to Bitbucket Cloud is possible with the email of the connected Atlassian account only, and not with username anymore.

I would suggest opening a support ticket with Bitbucket Cloud support team and ask if there are any options for recovery of this account. You can open a ticket via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/, in "What can we help you with" select "Technical issues and bugs" and then Bitbucket Cloud as product. Make sure to mention the username of your (old) account, so the engineer working on your ticket can look into it.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events