Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We couldn't log you in" in any browser

Anton Vroemans November 2, 2022

I have received an invite to join a Bitbucket project of a client but I can't log in to Bitbucket with my account anymore. I get this error in any browser, and in incognito as well:

You may run into this issue when you use specific browsers or add-ons that hide the referer header for id.atlassian.com and other Atlassian sites. Check for these and then try logging in again.

I tried deleting my account and recreating it, but that would take over 2 weeks and I don't have that time

2 answers

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2022

Hi @Anton Vroemans,

The Bitbucket Cloud account with the same email as your community account was deactivated, which is the reason for the error you were seeing.

I went ahead and reactivated it, could you please give it another try now?

Thanks for tagging me and bringing this to my attention @Hamza Chundrigar

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2022

Hi @Anton Vroemans 

Welcome to the community!

Which browser are you using? Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies and then logging back in?

Let us know if that works (or not).

I tried 3 browsers, even resetting them, and incognito mode. I tried multiple devices as well, all without success.

I found some other users solving the problem this way, but nothing worked for me. I found a topic here somewhere about someone with an old subscription or something that isn't used anymore, preventing them from accessing BitBucket and I guess I might be having the same problem. But he had to be helped by the support team to resolve that problem

Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2022

Got it, thank you for confirming. I know this can be frustrating.

I came across another post where a user tried to log in with 3 different browsers, much like yourself, and wasn't able to log in even after clearing their cache. One of Atlassian's support engineer ( @Theodora Boudale ) pointed out that the user's Bitbucket Cloud account was marked as Dormant/Inactive, which was the reason why they were not able to log in.

Once Theodara activated their account, the user was able to log in just fine.

Perhaps this might be the issue you're facing.

My guess is the same, and it seems like something I can't fix myself (which is kinda stupid imo). Hope the support kicks in quickly to help me with this :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events