"New pull request experience" has no effect

kevingwynn-chg February 20, 2019

Scratching my head here. I was excited about trying the new "Exclude files from pull requests" feature, and to do so, I had to enable the "New pull request experience". I have done so, but it appears to have no effect on our PR's. No matter what I try, I get the old experience.

image.png

I've tried logging out and back in, creating new PR's after enabling "New pull request experience", and no matter what, I'm getting the old experience:

image.png

Please advise? I'd really like to try out "Exclude files".

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alastair Wilkes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2019

Hi Kevin,

I'm glad you're excited to try out excluded files! Sorry about the issues getting the new PR experience enabled.

I do have one question: are you enabling the feature toggle on your own account (here) or are you enabling it on your team's account? I ask because right now, the toggle only takes effect for your own account (enabling it for the team account has no effect -- sorry, this is confusing).

Alastair

kevingwynn-chg February 21, 2019

THIS was ultimately the answer. I had no idea the setting existed in both places. That is definitely confusing. Feature toggles that do nothing should maybe not exist? ;)

Additionally, I also had to clear cache/cookies (checked this by using another browser where I saw the new experience). So the other answer below was also valid.

Like Marty likes this
Alastair Wilkes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2019

Feature toggles that do nothing should maybe not exist? ;)

Yep! We'll fix that.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Marty
Atlassian Team
February 20, 2019

Hi Kevin,

I'm not on the Bitbucket team but will try to help.

I've enabled the new experience myself so this should work for you.

After having a quick chat to the Bitbucket team, this is what I can suggest:
1. Disable / Reenable the feature
2. Clear the browser cache/cookies for bitbucket.org
3. Then try to view the page again.
4. If the issue persists, create a support case at support.atlassian.com and we will investigate further

I hope that helps!

kevingwynn-chg February 21, 2019

In conjunction with the other answer (using PERSONAL Labs settings instead of TEAM settings), this also helped me see the new experience. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events