Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

privacy setting ignored

Chris May 23, 2023

In my account I set my avatar to "only my team can see it", yet here in the forum it is displayed even to not logged in users. How can this be?

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2023

Hi @Chris

We are aware of this problem. While our Identity site will allow you to manage the privacy of your avatar through https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility

At the present time our Community site cannot correctly honor this privacy restriction.  We have an internal ticket open on this topic and I will share this report with that team.  Please note that our other Atlassian Cloud products, such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, etc will restrict the visibility of your avatar to your organization if you choose do to so.

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Hi @Chris 

I believe the forum matches the avatar on the email, and the avatar might not be private, as opposed to your full name.  In doubt, I'd contact Atlassian directly.

Chris May 23, 2023

Thanks, will do.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events