Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

optional steps without blocking pipeline

Bach T Dao _Jimmy_ November 16, 2021

Hi everyone, I want to include post deployment tests for each deployment into the pipeline but I don't know how to make the step to be optional (can be skipped and go to next deployment). Ideally post deployment test step need can be run only when the deploy step finished.

At the moment only solution I can think of is group all the deploy steps into parrallel and trigger them manually, but I would rather it to be automatically and sequentially and also the tests ca also able to be skipped when not needed to be run.

Thanks everyone.
Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 4.42.01 pm.png

1 answer

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2021

Hi @Bach T Dao _Jimmy_

Welcome to the community!

I understand that you wish to have optional or skippable steps in the pipeline and unfortunately this is not possible at this moment. Steps are run according to the sequence and can't be skipped unless manual steps.

We do have an existing feature request on this, please Vote & Watch  so that you'll receive an update whenever we have any at:

It is as you mention, the best is to create the steps as a manual trigger so you can trigger the steps whenever you need to deploy.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Bach T Dao _Jimmy_ November 29, 2021

Hey @Syahrul , thank you very much for your response!

That is exactly what I was looking for, I hope to see that feature in the future.

Like Syahrul likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events