Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

onprem bitbucket integrate with AWS Codepipeline

ブライアン August 20, 2020

Hi,

I'm trying to get AWS Codepipeline to pull from our onprem instance of Bitbucket server.  It's not working.  Steps to reproduce:

1. Created a repo in the onprem Bitbucket project

2. In AWS Developer Tools created a new Connection to the Bitbucket project using my credential.

3.  Created a new AWS CodePipeline

4. In configuring the Source Stage, I specify Action Provider Bitbucket and select the Connection created above.

5.  In the Respository Name field, the repo should populate.  But this is where it fails. 

Even if I manually type in the name of the project and repo, it fails to find the branch, in the next step.

I have this working with my own personal Bitbucket (Cloud) account.  I made no special changes to the clean Bitbucket repo that I created just for testing this.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2020

Hi @ブライアン,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

2. In AWS Developer Tools created a new Connection to the Bitbucket project using my credential.

This type pf connection is based on AWS CodeStar Connections, which is indeed a feature to "connect AWS resources such as AWS CodePipeline to external code repositories".

However, so far this feature only supports Bitbucket Cloud (unfortunately the AWS docs are not exactly clear about that), and GitHub Enterprise - the AWS integration with GitHub Cloud predates this dedicated SPI though).

While I would expect AWS to also add CodeStar Connections support for Bitbucket Server down the road, you can already achieve this today via their custom webhooks based solution:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events