Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merge url after pushing changes to a new branch

soubhikev September 23, 2021

Hello

Earlier when i used to push changes to a new branch using my terminal, it would generate a merge request url and show in my terminal.

But lately it isnt returning any merge url.

FYI, I am using ubuntu 20.04

Any help is appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2021

Hi @soubhikev and welcome to the community.

There are a few things to check regarding this issue, I would like to ask a few questions so I can better help you:

1. Can you please confirm if the issue concerns a repo hosted in Bitbucket Cloud (https://bitbucket.org/)?
I can see in our system that you have a Bitbucket Cloud account, but your question has the tag 'unknown-hosting-type', so I would first like to confirm if this is indeed about Bitbucket Cloud (instead of Bitbucket Server).

2. In case this indeed concerns Bitbucket Cloud, can you check the settings of your account here:

https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/

there is an option "Enable console messages". Is that option checked for your account? This needs to be enabled in order for the console message to show.

3. If the option "Enable console messages" is enabled, the message will show on pushes before the first pull request for that branch is created. If a pull request is already created for that branch, this message will also not show up.

Does the issue occur for new branches that there is no PR for, or does a PR exist for the branch you are pushing?

4. Are you using HTTPS or SSH to push to this repo?

If you're using SSH, are you authenticating with an SSH key associated with your Bitbucket account? Or with an SSH key that is associated with a workspace?

Please note that this console message will not show if you are authenticating with an SSH key associated with a workspace instead of your account, as workspaces don't have the option to "Enable console messages".

Kind regards,
Theodora

soubhikev September 28, 2021

Thanks Theodora,

It was the 4th point that was causing the issue. I have now added the SSH in my account. I can now see the merge url in the console.

Cheers!!

Soubhik

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2021

You are very welcome Soubhik, I'm glad to have helped.

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like soubhikev likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events