Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to transfer repository from one workspace to another workspace

Shiva Jaini January 18, 2021

I have more than 150 repositories in my premium account of bit bucket. I have to migrate from one workspace to other workspace.

Transfer option is working fine. But it is allowing only one repository to transfer.

How to transfer all the repositories at once?

Is there any API which could help in transferring the repositories. or any navigation flow in bitbucket.org?

Can someone help on this?

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2021

Hi Shiva and welcome to the community!

I'm afraid that we don't have an option for bulk transfer of repos at the moment, either in the UI or via API. There is a feature request in our issue tracker to add this functionality:

Looking for other options online, I found that another user created a script to bulk-import repos:

As per the README file there, this script does an import, and not a transfer. In this case, repos still remain in the original workspace, but a copy of them is imported in the destination workspace. Keep in mind though that with an import no metadata like Pull requests or comments is transferred.

I haven't used this myself, but if you would like to try it, I would suggest creating a test workspace (that you can later delete) and use the script to import to the test workspace, to see if this is something that works for you.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events