Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspaces and Billing Plan

MAPS SPA October 6, 2020

I would like to create a workspace for each Business Unit of my company.

I signed up for the standard plan but only the account workspace shows the correct billing plan with the credit card number. All new workspaces use the free plan.

Is it possible to have one billing plan with a common user list  distributed across more than one workspace ? Or, at least, one billing plan for each workspace but with a common list of users?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2020

Hello,

Each workspace has its own billing plan that is separate than the billing plan of any other workspace you may administer. I'm afraid that it is not possible to have a billing plan distributed in more than one workspace or have a billing plan for each workspace with a common list of users.

If you create e.g. 3 workspaces, all 3 of them in a paid plan, and there are users that need to have access to all 3 of them, then you'd get billed 3 times for each one of these users.

To avoid this, you could create a single workspace and group the repositories into projects:

Then, in this workspace's Settings > User groups, create a user group for each Business Unit of the company and invite users to each one as needed.

When you create each user group, make sure to select Default repository access as None. This way no user group will get automatically added to any new repositories.

When you create a new repository, you can go to its Settings > User and group access, and add in the Groups section only the user groups that should have access to this specific repo.

Is this something that works for you?

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

MAPS SPA October 8, 2020

Yes we will group all repositories using the projects

Thank you so much

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2020

You are very welcome, feel free to reach out if you need anything else!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events