Why won't Bitbucket work after I run the new security update that you request be installed?

Michael Grooms November 4, 2021

I received an email about "a critical security vulnerability that exists in the following products", Bitbucket 7.12 is what we are using and when I try to "uprgrade" to 7.17 everything seems fine until I try to access the front end and it tells me the web page is not available. I made sure the properties file matched what I originally had and the key also matches. Both services show as running but no front end. Please let me know if someone can assist. Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

Hi @Michael Grooms ,

Welcome to the community. 

I would start looking at the log files, if there are any errors or something like that, what indicates where your problem is.

You can find the log files in the application data directory. 

Michael Grooms November 4, 2021

Hello and thank you. I had a snapshot so I got the system back to where it was before I tried to install the new version. I upgraded to version 7.12 last year and remember having to move a file. I made copies of the folders so I could compare and the properties file and the key file under config matched. Perhaps I am missing something. I try to submit a support ticket but it doesn't like the cloud URL that I provide (even though it works when I go to the link) so I am not able to.  I would really like to get the upgrade installed or at least know the exact steps so it works correctly afterwards, I read through the documentation and am not sure what the issue is.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

This is the documentation for an bitbucket upgrade. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/bitbucket-server-upgrade-guide-776640551.html

Without the logs its hard to say why it has failed.

If you want to raise an issue with the support, you have to make sure to select Server,/Data Center as Type before selecting Bitbucket. It will ask you for the SEN instead of an Cloud URL.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events