Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I receive email notifications for my own actions ?

kriks October 25, 2021

Since some weeks, I receive emails notification for events that I initiate, like merging a PR, which is annoying. All of us in our company have the same problem.

Is it a known bug ? the documentation clearly states that "You don't receive notifications for events you initiate yourself" (https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/pull-request-notifications-949754837.html)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2021

Hi, @kriks! Welcome to the community! 

This is a new implementation made by the engineering team to our platform. From now on, all actions, including the ones that the author performs, will be notified. We understand that it may not be optimal for you and for that reason we raised a feature request asking for the ability to opt-out this new feature:

I would suggest that you add your vote there (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. 

You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

0 votes
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2021

@kriks - Welcome to the Community! 

I'm not aware of this behavior; we're definitely not seeing it in our own instance of Bitbucket. Can you clarify - are you on Cloud or Server? Your post is tagged Cloud, but the documentation link you provided is for Server. They may behave differently. 

Is it possible someone installed a third-party plugin that has changed notification settings for all users?

kriks October 25, 2021

We are on Cloud indeed, and I didn't notice the documentation was for the server version.

But we definitely saw a change around September 24th.

And we didn't install any plugin recently

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events