Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I create a new repository

Sternschanze April 5, 2022

When I login to bitbucket and click on Create -> Repository I can't see the navigation or enter anything that lets me create a new repository.
Advanced Setting doesn't open

What i see:

grafik.png

also there are a lot of errors in the console for example:

GEThttps://d301sr5gafysq2.cloudfront.net/8488b9fb32b7/dist/webpack/locales/de.js[HTTP/2 403 Forbidden 1136ms]

What's the problem here?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2022

Hi @Sternschanze ,

welcome to the atlassian community!

Please check that your user has write permission within the workspace. If so, check branch permissions at workspace level.

For further information check this guide https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/grant-access-to-a-workspace/

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Greetings Fabio!

It is my own workspace, so I have write permissions as "admin".

What are / where can I find "branch permissions at workspace level"?

On many pages the page-navigation is not visible like in the screenshot.

Until yesterday it has always worked the same way without any problems for at least 65 repositories I created.

Tried it on linux with chromium and firefox and on iOS.

Always the same behaviour. Seems like a Bug to me

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2022

Mmmm, if you was able until yesterday so something changed on your side.

Branch permissions can't impact your current issue. Please could you check if license is ok?

Didn't change anything.

I found another error that said it was an issue with localization.
I switched from German to English and now it's working!

There is obviously a bug with German localization

bertheremi April 5, 2022

Hi,

I have the same issue.
I check my permissions, I am admin on the workplace. I ask a friend whom I share the workplace (he is also admin) to try a repository creation. It's fine for him.

bertheremi April 5, 2022

I switch from french to english, it's working now

Maria José Villanueva April 5, 2022

I have the same issue in my Bitbucket account, some users reported that cannot create repositories, and they could do it several days ago. The users that reported this issue are not administrators, but are part from a group whose permission enables them to do it (see picture attached)

Permissions.JPG

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2022

Thanks for sharing it @Sternschanze 

Like Sternschanze likes this
0 votes
Brett Andrew June 7, 2023

Getting the same issue, can only create "snippets", I found I wasn't the original admin but as I had access to that original admin account, I then logged in with that account and was able to create the repo. I can't see anywhere I can give my other admin account the ability to create more repositories though?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events