Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I not log out of bitbucket?

Fardin Khanjani June 11, 2018

So I've been logged into bitbucket with one account for a while. Now I logged out of this account, get redirected to "id.atlassian.com/login", then open a new tab and go to "bitbucket.org" and I'm still logged in!!!

Tried different browser, emptied cache, incognito, different accounts etc. etc.

This honestly is ridiculous. Is someone else experiencing this?

1 answer

0 votes
Todd Texter June 11, 2018

That is most definately not standard browser behavior.

I would check every plugin for the browser you're using. Do you have a access plug in running?

Like LastPass or AutoLogin running?

Selecting "New Private Window" (Opera) or "New InPrivate Window" (Edge) would have no cookies, cache or anything to log you in, unless a plug in is messing with you.

Fardin Khanjani June 11, 2018

Behavior is as expected using Edge. However, chrome in incognito mode does not have any extensions or plugins, but the behavior is still the same, can't get to log out!

Could you verify this using chrome?

Todd Texter June 11, 2018

Sorry man, I wouldn't wish Chrome on my worst enemy! I even have a group policy in AD preventing its installation company wide.

My primary browser is Opera, I do testing using Opera, Firefox and Edge. All I can say is I have never seen this behavior, on any site, ever with those browsers.

David Holshouser July 9, 2018

Happens to me (and all of my users) on every browser against my "Server" installation of BitBucket.

Fardin Khanjani July 9, 2018

I ended up deleting cache and the cookies to be able to login with a different account!

Like patrickridd likes this
aderchox July 15, 2021

The same story for me in 2021.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events