Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I receiving a webhook response multiple times?

Corey Malcom March 11, 2021

I have subscribed for 'repo:push' notifications, and have found that the associated endpoint is hit multiple times when this occurs. 

When I receive the notification I am processing a file and uploading to an AWS s3 bucket, then returning a 200 response. 

I suspect that the notification requires an acknowledgement in a certain amount of time, and I am not responding quickly enough, thus the 2nd, and sometimes 3rd, 'X-Attempt-Number'.

Can someone clarify if my assumption is correct?  Is there a way to adjust the timeout for the notification response? Is there a standard way of handling these notifications?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2021

Hi @Corey Malcom ,

Bitbucket expects the response to a request within 10 seconds. If there is no response after 10 seconds, the request will timeout and Bitbucket will resend the request up to two more times. (This is documented here)

I'm afraid that we cannot adjust the timeout, the suggestion mentioned in the documentation I linked is:

To avoid timeouts, you can acknowledge receipt of the request by replying with an appropriate response before doing any expensive processing on your end.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Corey Malcom March 18, 2021

Thank you Theodora.  

Like Theodora Boudale likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events