Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I can enable Rebase me

Irving Buelto September 30, 2019

I am trying to enable the Rebase merge strategy for my projects in my Bitbucket. I have been following the steps this doc. In my project I have gone to settings > Merge strategies, and only see a field that allows me to select Fast forward, Squash and Merge Commit as a default merge strategy. I don't see any other merge strategy. I am set up as an admin, and I am on the free version. Can anyone tell me where I can enable this feature if at all possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2019

Hi @Irving Buelto,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

What version of Bitbucket are you on? Rebase Merge was introduced as part of Bitbucket 5.5.

Irving Buelto October 2, 2019

Hi @Mikael Sandberg 

Looking at this conversation it looks like its only available in bitbucket server and not cloud. I think I am on cloud because I am not able to find what version I am based on this conversation.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2019

Correct, rebase merge is only available on Bitbucket Server, and if your URL to Bitbucket looks like this, https://bitbucket.org/... then you are using Bitbucket Cloud.

Irving Buelto October 2, 2019

@Mikael Sandberg  Thank you for the quick response an clarification!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events