See all 5 Pull request merge strategies in Bitbucket Cloud

According to https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/pull-request-merge-strategies-844499235.html, there are 5 different merge strategy options available for merging pull requests, however I can only see 2 of them from my Bitbucket Cloud account:
-Merge commit --no-ff
-Squash --squash

Does Bitbucket Cloud only support 2 out of 5 supported strategies in Bitbucket Server 4.9 or am I missing something?

Thank you beforehand,
Victor

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Victor,

You're correct. Sorry for the confusion. There are variances in the feature set offered by the Cloud and Server versions of Bitbucket, and in this case Server is slightly ahead of Cloud in terms of functionality. For now, Bitbucket Cloud currently supports only a subset of the merge strategies available in Bitbucket Server. 

cheers,

Tim

Any update on this suggestions ?

There is a 4 years old ticket about this issues !!!

https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/6106/provide-the-option-to-use-git-merge-ff

Any updates on this, I really want the rebase + merge --no-ff option available.

Any updates on when this will be available on BitBucket Cloud? We also use the "rebase + merge --no-ff" option to merge feature branches.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

635 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot