Where are my old mercurial repos?

djpbarry September 9, 2021

It's just occurred to me that I may have left some mercurial repos on bitbucket when support for them ended last year - is there anyway they can be accessed or have they been deleted?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2022

Hi everyone,

Atlassian made a decision to move away from maintaining and supporting Mercurial repositories in 2019.

This was announced in community:

and on our blog:

Bitbucket Cloud Support team is no longer able to restore those repositories.

If you are looking for a Mercurial repository that was public, all the public repos were archived by Software Heritage:

We will not be able to meet any further requests for recovery of private HG repositories and users will need to recover those from local copies only.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2021

Hi @djpbarry,

I'm afraid that it is no longer possible to access Mercurial repositories on Bitbucket website, however, our support team can provide you with a copy of the Mercurial repos that were owned by your Bitbucket account.

I went ahead and opened a support ticket for you, using the email of your community account. You should have received an email with a link to this support ticket, you will get a response to that ticket from one of our engineers. Just in case you haven't received an email with a link to the ticket, please feel free to let me know and I can post the link here (the support ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff, no one else can access it even if they have the URL).

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Kind regards,
Theodora

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events