Where To Find my Bitbucket password

Holger Schröder August 30, 2020

Hello,

I tried to get access to my bitbucket account from VSCode and JIRA Plugin. You need a git password for this. In the simplest case this would be my JIRA password. But unfortunately I don't have one, because my Jira account is based on OAuth2 with google. Where on bitbucket I can now see the password I need.

Thanks for the support

3 answers

1 vote
Osomhe Aleogho April 2, 2023

How do I get that password @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2023

You will need to use the password you set up when the account was created, or whatever you have changed it to.

If you do not know the password, you will need to use "reset password" in whatever you are using for the user directory for it.

Like hayam likes this
1 vote
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2020

Hi @Holger Schröder and welcome to the Community!

Since you are using Google to login into your Atlassian account (Jira, Bitbucket, etc.) you will need to create an app password to perform git operations or other actions with specific permissions.

Here is the documentation: https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/app-passwords/

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2020

It needs your password for the git repository you are trying to connect to, not Jira.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events