I've just started working on a Bitbucket Pipeline for one of our test environments and I cant quite seem to figure out how to substitute an env variable into the zip script line in this block below. I've tried the standard "$ZIP_FILE_NAME" which works on a Linux machine but doesnt work in bitbucket pipelines. It is worth noting that the echo $ZIP_FILE_NAME DOES output the correct value. How do I substitute the $ZIP_FILE_NAME value into the 'zip' command in the last script line below.
Also, with the artifacts section, I'm not sure if its even possible to use a variable value as the name of an artifact?
- apt-get update
- apt-get install -y zip
- cp deploy/AppSpec-uat.yml deploy/AppSpec.yml
- BASE_PACKAGE_VERSION=$(node -pe "require('./package.json').version")
- echo $BASE_PACKAGE_VERSION
- echo $FULL_PACKAGE_VERSION
- echo $ZIP_FILE_NAME
- zip -r "$ZIP_FILE_NAME" dist/** deploy/AppSpec.yml
Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
As of today, it is not possible to use variables inside the artifacts section.