Is it possible to use variables in the artifacts section of a step in the pipelines.yml file?

Steve Maxwell April 16, 2020

We have a custom pipeline with a "Project" variable defined.   Using the variable works fine in the script section, but doesn't appear to work in the artifacts section.

- step: build-test-apprevision
name: Build, Test, Create App Revision
script:
- bash ./gradlew :$Project:createAppRevision
artifacts:
- $Project/build/artifacts/$Project-apprevision

Am i doing something wrong or is this not possible?

4 answers

0 votes
ruggero.schirinzi June 8, 2023

following @Felipe Jaekel  issue, the only way I found to handle this behavior is to specify into the artifacts section something like "*.json" and then to recalculate the filename in each following steps. It is tricky and clunky but it could works.

0 votes
david_treblig November 16, 2022

I just found this and we have the same issue. The env variables seem to be parsed in many other sections of the bitbucket-pipeline such as condition.changesets.includePaths, but not in artifacts...

Fotis Papadamis January 17, 2023

Tried to work with repository variables in condition.changesets.includePaths and it does not seem to work. Same thing with artifacts, of course.

It's really sad...

0 votes
Marvin Kraner December 14, 2020

I encountered the same problem. I need to add a time-stamp to the artifacts name and it seems that variable references are not working in the "artifacts"-section. It would be good to know wether we are doing something wrong or if this feature will be added in near future. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events