Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using trigger-pipeline pipe with a team account

jhansoty June 25, 2019

I am setting up the CICD pipelines for my team and want to use the trigger-pipeline to run a pipeline in one repo from a pipeline in another repo. However the trigger-pipeline requires an app password to be setup but I don't see the option to create an app password on the team account.

(a) Is it possible to create an app password for a team account (maybe with premium)?

(b) If not, then can  the trigger-pipeline be used with a team account?

(c) Is there a way for every user to  create their own app password and have the calling pipeline pick up the corresponding password? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Zhukov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2019

Hi @jhansoty ! You can only create app passwords for individual accounts, not teams. However, you should be able to use your personal app password as long as you have an access to your team account. Basically, you should navigate to the bitbucket settings from your personal account and create an app password there. This app password will work for all teams that you are part of. Also make sure you have the correct permissions to run pipelines in the repository. As for your last question, it's not currently possible. For more details about the scope of the pipelines variables you can have a look at this page https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/variables-in-pipelines-794502608.html.

Let me know if you need any additional info :)

jhansoty June 26, 2019

This is not the answer I was hoping for but thanks for confirming the limitation. For now I am using an individual account but that will not be tenable in the long run -- so I will probably avoid trigger-pipeline until it adds support for Oauth. 

0 votes
jhansoty June 25, 2019

Found this post from last month with a partial answer for my question (b)  Can  the trigger-pipeline be used with a team account.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-Pipelines-questions/Pipe-quot-Trigger-pipeline-0-3-0-quot-is-using-wrong-account-for/qaq-p/1082762#U1116487

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events