Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove an existing user from user directory

Shubham Sourav June 15, 2023

I get this error when I try to remove an existing user.

image.png

Please assist.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2023

Hi @Shubham Sourav and welcome to the community.

I suspect that the reason you cannot remove this user may be that it's their personal workspace.

Could you please let me know the first two letters of the user's name so I can double-check?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Shubham Sourav June 19, 2023

Hi Theodora!

Thank you for reaching out.

The first 2 letters are GA.

Shubham Sourav June 19, 2023

Hi @Theodora Boudale

I needed to know if my repositories will be affected if we delete the same user.

Thank you!

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2023

Hi @Shubham Sourav,

Thank you for the info.

The reason that you cannot remove this user is that this workspace is the user's personal workspace. Up until a few months ago, when someone created a Bitbucket Cloud account, Bitbucket would automatically create a workspace for their user. That was a user's personal workspace. We have since changed this functionality and now Bitbucket doesn't automatically create a personal workspace when someone creates an account. However, the personal workspaces before this change was introduced still remain.

I'm afraid that it is not possible to remove a user from their own personal workspace. What you can do instead is create a new workspace, transfer all the repositories from the existing workspace to the new one, and set up user access there.

You can check the following documentation on how to transfer repos:

If you want to keep the same workspace id, you can change the workspace ID of the existing workspace to something else to free up the ID. Then, you should be able to create a new workspace with the existing ID.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events