Unable to login on stash if using crowd for authentication of users

starwarsfan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

Hi

I'm evaluating stash with our existing Atlassian-Toolchain. After connecting stash to our crowd installation I'm able to login to stash with the stash-internal account. There I can see all the user accounts and groups coming from crowd. But it is not possible to login to stash with such an account. The login field pops up again together with the captcha.

As written on the stash FAQ I tried to add a user account to the stash-group "stash-users" but that's not possible as the directory can only be configured readonly on stash. So I tried to remove the stash internal group "stash-users" and created a new group with this name directly on crowd. I can see this new group on stash now and it contains users. But the login is still not possible.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Kind regards,

Yves

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
starwarsfan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2013

1st answer: Got it! :-)

2nd answer: It was my fault :-(

In detail: During the evaluation of stash I used a separate directory tree on our own ldap via crowd. The "problem" was, that the crowd importer does not import the passwords even if it is creating a clone of an existing tree in the same directory. So, the accounts I tried simply had no password set. After setting the password, everything works as expected. Mea culpa.

Kind regards,

Yves

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events