Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to input deployment key

Atwell Parry September 28, 2021

I am trying to push to a cpanel and I need to input a deployment key. According to this article I should be able to just select the "Read/Write" option for the key, but I don't have that option. I'm smacking my head against the wall at this point, please help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2021

Hi @Atwell Parry and welcome to the community.

Access keys in Bitbucket Cloud provide read-only access to a repository:

The documentation you linked is for Bitbucket Server and I'm afraid that it is not applicable for Bitbucket Cloud.

What you can do alternatively:

- Use an SSH key pair that is associated with your Bitbucket Cloud account or another account that has at least write access to this repo

- If you have the option to use HTTPS, you can generate an app password for your account and then use username+app password for authentication:

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/app-passwords/

- You can also generate an SSH key pair and upload the public key to the SSH keys of the workspace that owns this repo. This can be done from the workspace's Settings > SSH keys. This way authentication is not tied to a user, but to the workspace.

We advise using that option with caution though because we are unable to track the operations performed by these SSH keys back to a user (since the SSH keys are associated with the workspace).

I hope this helps, if you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events