Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to authenticate to commit - Askpass window displays wrong username. Forum fixes not working.

nclover-brown August 8, 2017

The askpass authentication popup is using my colleagues username and therefore I cannot login to commit.

I have searched the forums, and tried the following solutions (for purposes of describing, "Bad" = colleagues username.

Running 2.1.8.0 - updated today. Today is also the first time I've seen this issue. 

1. Erased bad entry in \AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree - passwd
  2. Reviewed Tools > Options > Authentication.
    1. I have 3 entries here for some reason as follows;
      1. 1 x Account with my username. 
      2. 2 x saved passwords with my username.
    2. For the account entry, I went to Edit and was able to succesfully authenticate with my username and password.
      1. After authenticating, attempted to commit, and was shown commit error with authentication failed.
  3. Reviewed Repository > Repository Settings > Advanced 
    1. My credentials are displayed in User Information
    2. I see no instance of Bad credentials with Sourcetree or AppData files.

Separately from this, I'm frequently required to answer a CAPTCHA to login to Bitbucket. However this is the first time this issue has occurred in addition to repeated CAPTCHA requests.

If it matters, the URL for repos begins - http://[my username]@[domain][etc]

Authenticate correct.pngcommit fail.png

2 answers

0 votes
Miguel Moreira August 10, 2017

I can't fathom how they manage to ruin the authentication process in the past 3-4 releases. Never had a problem with source tree now I can't even push or pull anything from my own repo without getting an authentication error. Absolute waste of a piece of software.

0 votes
Roberta Cobb August 9, 2017

I'm having the same problem. Unable to use SourceTree because I can't push, pull, commit.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events