Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Login to Bitbucket - We couldn’t log you in

keith bartolotta April 20, 2023

Hi,

I am getting following error when login to bit bucket account.

"You may run into this issue when you use specific browsers or add-ons that hide the referer header for id.atlassian.com and other Atlassian sites. Check for these and then try logging in again."

I already tried all methods (clearing cache and cookies, etc.) and all browsers (edge, chrome, Firefox). for me Trello is working properly. I am having issue with Bitbucket alone.

1) Whenever I try to login the below error page is shown but when clicking the Bitbucket link it goes to dashboard page.(2)

bitbucket login issue 2.png

2) After moving to dashboard page , the page keep on asking username and password ( *enter credentials also not working). even after canceling the popup box , it will keep on asking username password for 3 or 4 times.

bitbucket login issue.png

3) After cancel the sign in pop box ,if i click any of the link in the dashboard .again it goes to step (1)

Thank you for your attention to this issue.

Keith

1 answer

0 votes
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2023

G'day Keith!

Welcome to the Bitbucket Cloud community! :)

I have checked your account and can see that it is active (usually a de-activated account shows the error message you have reported).

Are you able to try a different browser with add-ons disabled (or alternatively Incognito mode in Google Chrome)? We have seen the error occur mostly with Brave Browser (unsupported) but other browsers can be affected as well.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events