Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transitions with Smart Commits

Andres Macarrilla October 1, 2018

Hi all, 

I'm using Bitbucket and JIra, and I'm trying to use the "transition" functionality without success :(

Apparently is all working fine, I mean, I'm already using the smart commits functionalities (#time and #comment) and works great!, but when I try to trigger a transition accord the documentation , it's doesn't work. The comments and the time it's added to JIRA, but the transition is not fired.

Have anyone any idea or clue about what's happening?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aaron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2018

Hello Andres,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Could you show us what the commit message is as well as the workflow you are currently using? I believe the workflow #transition is case sensitive so if you have a status as Done and you do #transition done I don't believe it will transition. Also, you have to ensure that the workflow allows for the transition. So if you are in a status that doesn't allow a transition to Done, sending Done as a smart commit won't move the issue. Those are just a few things I can think of on the top of my head since the other smart commits are working properly.

Regards,
Aaron Levinson
Dev Tools Support Engineer

Aaron
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2018

Also, it's possible that if the user creating the commit has permission to add comments, but not transition, that could also be an issue.

Andres Macarrilla October 2, 2018

HI Aaron, 

First of all, thanks for your replies!! :)

Late night I found the problem!!

Previously , I tested some of the topics that you told me (permissions, Case Sensitive, ...), but finally reviewing the documentation again I realised that "underscore" is not allowed in the transition names.

In my case the name was "open_to_done", and fixing this, it's works for me

Again, thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

0 votes
tiredeindustrial February 6, 2019

solved

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events