Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many invalid password attempts.

William Hooper April 26, 2021

I am using Intellij 2021.1, although this issue appears when attempt to execute git from the command line. The error message is:

remote: Too many invalid password attempts. Log in at https://id.atlassian.com/ to restore access.
fatal: unable to access 'https://bitbucket.org/xxxxxxx/xxxxxxx-dev.git/': The requested URL returned error: 403

This issues appears to be a rather old issue and the various suggested workarounds do not solve my problem. Any help is appreciated.

Apple MacOs Catalina 10.15.7

2 answers

0 votes
Zack Hansen May 13, 2021

The answer is to switch AWAY from Atlassian and use a reliable solution. Its UNREAL that they would move to this auth method SO LONG AGO and still have issues.

William Hooper May 13, 2021

Useless response. So what is a reliable solution or do you just like go around complaining. 

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

Hi @William Hooper ,

this seems to me like a problem with authorization. Did you store some credentials to Intellij? Did you try to login to id.atlassian.com using these credentials? Thank you.

I removed the credentials that Intellij had saved and removed credentials saved in Keychain. I also deleted .gitconfig from my home directory. If I were to attempt a clone from the console I would encounter the same error so I am not convinced this is directly an Intellij issue.

I do think I have created a workaround. I created an App Password and that is working. I still cannot use my account password though without encountering this error.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

Thanks. Are you able to log in directly to your Atlassian account using this email and password?

I can log into my Atlassian account from their websites without any issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events