Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The remote authentication server is not available

Andy July 8, 2019

I can't log on to Bitbucket ("The remote authentication server is not available. Please try again later"). I currently use Jira for the User Directory.
I am using JIRA version 7.7.0
The previous system administrator of the company no longer works here and now I have to take it over.
Similar to this link (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/The-remote-authentication-server-is-not-available-Please-try/qaq-p/611224), I can no longer log into Bitbucket (self hostet server).
Contrary to the problem described there, we did not make any changes to the system (e.g. IP address, etc.).
Besides, Logging in to JIRA (and Confluence) still works normally (also server hosted).
Under JIRA, go to Administration -> User Management -> JIRA User Server -> Bitbucket Server instance there are already two IP addresses in it (the same as for the Confluence instance).
So, how do I know which IP address is supposed to be entered within the bitbucket instance? Where can I look the IP-adress up?
Is it an IP address problem at all?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2019

Hi Andreas,

If nothing changed, then most likely you don't need to change the configuration. I would recommend trying to log in using your usual credentials, and once you've received the error message take a look at <BitbucketHome>/log/atlassian-bitbucket.log to see what the underlying error is.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Andy July 9, 2019

Hi Christian,

thank you for ur fast reply. I checked the atlassian-bitbucket.log file. After my attempt to log in, the following error messages was created within the protocol

• 545 ERROR ...
  • 548 WARN ...

Is this input you can work with? I'm not sure which parts of the message is sensitive data.

If there is a possibility to share the excerpt of the file with you in private, i would like to do so.

Looking forward to your reply,

Andreas

Andy July 23, 2019

Hi Christian,

have you had a chance to look at my error message?

Looking forward to receiving your reply,

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events