Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The remote authentication server is not available. Please try again later.

Binyomin Kolodny July 18, 2017

I can't log on to Bitbucket. I currently use Jira for the User Directory.

Recent Changes:

New name: Was devnyadm01, now is mcgnyadm01

New IP: was 172.16.12.111, now is 172.16.10.76

Upgraded Stash 3.1.3 to Bitbucket 5.2.2

Upgraded Jira to latest

Note: After changing the IP and hostname, the issue was already there.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2017

Hi Binyomin,

I understand that the hostname and IP address of the JIRA server you use for user authentication in Bitbucket Server has changed and you can't log in anymore - is that right?

If so, you'll need to log in with an admin user from Bitbucket's user directory (i.e. not a JIRA-authenticated user) and update the settings for the JIRA user directory. If you don't have the credentials for a local admin user you can use the Lockout recovery process to restore access to Bitbucket Server.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Binyomin Kolodny July 18, 2017

Thanks that worked.

nmudrik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 21, 2018

Thanks 

0 votes
Kumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 5, 2023

Hi Team,

we are also having same issue but here user is able to login, but once he logs out he is not able to login again for an 2 to 3 hours, later he can login some times after that time also he need to wait a lot of time, we use crowd directory or user synchronization, rest of other users working fine, we cross checked the vpn is working fine, logged in other machines but not able to login for that particular user, can you please let us if their is any workaround for this.

regards,

Kumar

0 votes
admin November 1, 2018

First of all, you don't need to go to the Bitbucket Server to fix this issue.

Log in your JIRA, go to Administration -> User Management -> JIRA User Server. Find your Bitbucket Server instance and click Edit. This way you can fix IP adress :)

Maksym Nebot
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 13, 2020

Thx!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events