Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly removed many repository

sunmarion April 23, 2023

Many my repositories in my account is deleted suddenly. Probably, I have 10 repositories. but the remained repositories is only 3. My projects is not active in resent 3 year. However those data is important. How can I recover those data?

2 answers

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2023

Hi @sunmarion,

Were these repositories Mercurial or Git?

Atlassian made a decision to move away from maintaining and supporting Mercurial repositories in 2019. This was announced in community:

and on our blog:

In 2020 Mercurial repos were disabled and they have since been deleted from our platform. Bitbucket Cloud Support team is no longer able to restore those repositories.

If the repositories missing from your workspace were Mercurial repos, and if they were public, you can check if they have been archived by Software Heritage:

If the repositories missing from your workspace were Git repos, we do not delete any Git repositories because of inactivity. If you cannot find them, they were either deleted or transferred to another workspace by a user that had admin access. In case of deletion, the Support team can help recover core repository content only, as long as the deletion happened within the last 7 days. We are unable to recover metadata or any content that was deleted past 7 days:

Checking our logs, I don't see any Git repository deletion events for your workspace during the last few weeks. If the repos were Git, you can restore them from a local copy (either yours or that of another user with access that cloned these repos).

Kind regards,
Theodora

sunmarion May 20, 2023

Thank you for your reply. And sorry for the late reply.

We did not use Mercurial. There is no our data in the archive.

We use Git.

I cannot recall any event of deletion by the administrator.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2023

Hi @sunmarion,

Is it possible that these repos belonged to a workspace associated with a different Bitbucket Cloud account? Do you perhaps have another Bitbucket account with a different email address?

If this is not the case, then the repos were either deleted or transferred to another workspace by a user that had admin access. You can find repository deletion events in the Audit Log as well:

https://bitbucket.org/workspace-id/workspace/settings/auditlog

where workspace-id replace with the id of the workspace these repos belonged to.

Otherwise, you will need to talk with any user that had admin access to these repos in case they have transferred them.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2023

Hello @sunmarion ! Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Are you on the free plan of Bitbucket cloud?  If so, I can see if I can escalate to an Atlassian.  If not, you should contact Atlassian support.

I do know that if you're not active on any product on the free plan for some period of time, they will warn you then delete the resources.

sunmarion April 23, 2023

Yes, I’m free plan now. Please escalate this trouble to an Atlassian.

Like Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events