Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in "We couldn't log you in"

Grant Stone April 9, 2021

Whenever I log in to my dash board (via. start.atlassian) and click on the "BitBucket" app/link, I am always redirected to the BitBucket official home page (bitbucket.org). From there, when I click on "Log In" on the top right, I will always end up with the page "We couldn't log you in".

I have disabled all extensions on my Chrome browser, delete cookies and history from all time. This issue still persists. I have tried this under both normal and incognito mode.

I can replicate this issue in Firefox and Vivaldi.

Using debug console and checking the traffic, I always notice a HTTP 400 response to a GET request: https://bitbucket.org/account/signin/?redirectCount=2&next=%2F.

There is request header content in the request, so I am sure that the refer header is not the issue.

Checking the response header, this seems to be the problem:

script-src 'unsafe-eval' 'strict-dynamic' 'unsafe-inline' 'self' http: https: https://d301sr5gafysq2.cloudfront.net 'nonce-guAybRltnM7z9DeO'; style-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline' https://aui-cdn.atlassian.com https://d301sr5gafysq2.cloudfront.net; report-uri https://web-security-reports.services.atlassian.com/csp-report/bb-website; default-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline' 'unsafe-eval' data: blob: *; connect-src bitbucket.org *.bitbucket.org bb-inf.net *.bb-inf.net id.atlassian.com analytics.atlassian.com as.atlassian.com api-private.stg.atlassian.com api-private.atlassian.com cofs.staging.public.atl-paas.net cofs.prod.public.atl-paas.net intake.opbeat.com api.media.atlassian.com api.segment.io xid.statuspage.io xid.atlassian.com xid.sourcetreeapp.com bam.nr-data.net bam-cell.nr-data.net sentry.io bqlf8qjztdtr.statuspage.io https://d301sr5gafysq2.cloudfront.net; object-src about:; base-uri 'self'

I am pulling my hair out.

7 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2021

Hi @Grant Stone ,

Does this issue occur with the Bitbucket Cloud account that has the same email as your community account?

I checked this account in our system and I saw that it was marked as Spam by our spam filter, which I suspect is the reason why you couldn't log in. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.

I went ahead and activated the account, could you please try logging in now and let me know if it works?

Please feel free to let me know if this concerns a Bitbucket Cloud account with an email other than the one of your community account.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Lamar Chastain April 29, 2021

@Theodora Boudale   Could this be my problem, as well?    I am not technical, but have deleted cache, cookies, repeatedly - removed all Chrome extensions (uggh), and can log in successfully and use Jira all data, but when I click on Confluence, I get "we couldn't log you in".       Please help me!

hsandt August 11, 2021

@Theodora Boudale Same here, and we are many more: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/quot-We-couldn-t-log-you-in-quot/qaq-p/1671277#U1774764

If you're not replying here (before issue is marked as solved) then should each of us open a new issue with more or less the same content?

I can do that, no problem. But it's not too efficient if the cause was the same for everybody (other people started getting issues in April 2021 so there may be a link, but I got the issue in July 2021 so it may have a different cause). Maybe we could open a special thread to gather information from everyone, or give directives on how to inform the dev team you're affected by the issue (in a cleaner way than commenting here), so they can fix all the accounts at once?

If no answer is posted here for 3 days I'll have to open another ticket. I really need access to my design doc for my project, and I can't find my export backup right now...

UPDATE: OK, I managed to log in to my website by opening Firefox in safe mode, logging in, then restarting in normal mode and I'm still logged in. Possibly you can do that in Chrome but you may need to clear the whole cache (on all websites) and/or remove some extensions (I don't know which of them, the only one that could cause troubles is an ad-blocker and it was locally deactivated). More details in the UPDATE section of my comment in the thread mentioned at the top.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and I don't feel the need to open another ticket right now. Although of course, it would be great if there was a way for logging to work again in Chrome after just a Clear cache on single page + Hard reload, but I don't know how much of it you can control...

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2021

Hi @Lamar Chastain and @hsandt,

First, my apologies for the late reply and for the issues you've been facing.

I got no notification for your reply @Lamar Chastain , there must have been a glitch in our system, and I was on leave last week so @hsandt I did not see the notification for your reply in time.

If you face an issue that sounds similar to another user's post, I would like to ask that you please create a new question, in the community collection for the affected product.

Please allow me to explain why:

1) This question is created in the Bitbucket collection and the issue was with the user's Bitbucket account being marked as spam. You both mentioned issues logging in to Confluence. I'm not sure if Confluence has a similar filter (I do Bitbucket Cloud support, and my knowledge on Confluence is limited), but your issues will be better addressed if there is a question in the Confluence collection, so users/Community Leaders/Atlassian staff with knowledge on Confluence can assist you.

2) It's best if each user creates a new question with their issue. I realize it may not sound efficient if the root cause is the same, but in order to figure this out, we need to do some troubleshooting. Troubleshooting, asking questions, and getting user feedback from more than one user in a single post can make the post convoluted and confusing for everybody. It's best to have one question per user so they get assistance with their specific issue, and if the root cause turns out to be the same as another user's, that's ok.

3) If you create a new question, it will be visible to other users, Community Leaders, and Atlassian staff as well who may be able to help. Replying to another user's post will notify only users who are watching this specific post, so your message has less visibility.

4) In order to create a new question, please select Products from the menu bar at the top, and then the affected product (e.g. Confluence). Then select Ask the community > Ask a question. On the next page, you should see all licenses for this product you are a part of. Please select the product/license you have an issue with/question about. This won't be publicly visible, but Atlassian staff will be able to see it, and it may help in case it's needed for troubleshooting purposes.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
November 11, 2022

Hi everyone,

If you came across this question because you are facing the same error, we want to ensure you get help. We ask that you please create a new question through https://community.atlassian.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/bitbucket-questions

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
Joseph Hoppe November 10, 2022

Hi @Theodora Boudale , I'm having the same issue. I tried multiple devices and browsers. Can you help? Thanks! Joe

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
November 11, 2022

Hi Joe,

Of course, your Bitbucket Cloud account was deactivated, so I went ahead and reactivated it. Can you please try to log in now?

Just a heads up, it's best to create a new question if you need assistance, as a new question will have better visibility to the rest of my team in case I am out of office.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
lukimi September 28, 2022

Hi @Theodora Boudale , I'm having the same problem. Could you please help me?

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
November 11, 2022

Hi @lukimi,

Your Bitbucket Cloud account was deactivated, so I went ahead and reactivated it. Can you please try to log in now?

Just a heads up, it's best to create a new question if you need assistance, as a new question will have better visibility to the rest of my team in case I am out of office.

Kind regards,
Theodora

0 votes
SK August 9, 2022

Hi @Theodora Boudale 

I have a similar problem. My atlassian account is connected to my google account, have tried different browsers, different settings, no luck so far.

I am able to login to Jira, as soon as try to login to bitbucket i get this message.

We couldn’t log you in

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
August 10, 2022

Hi @SK,

Your Bitbucket Cloud account was set to inactive, so I went ahead and reactivated it.

Please feel free to let me know if you are able to access it now.

Kind regards,
Theodora

SK August 10, 2022

Many thanks @Theodora Boudale , i can now access the account:)

0 votes
gumm29 September 1, 2021

Hello @Theodora Boudale , I'm having the same problem, I'm loged in Atlassian home and goes to Bitbucket and shows "We couldn't log you in".
Thank you

0 votes
Grant Stone April 13, 2021

Hi @Theodora Boudale ,

Now the account is working as intended.

I can login, and be redirected to my BitBucket repo page after clicking "Log In" button in the BitBucket official home page.

Thank you!

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
April 14, 2021

You are are very welcome, I'm glad to have helped!

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events