Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash install not working.

Daniel Grimes March 21, 2014

I've just succesfuly installed Confluence and JIRA, but I can't install Stash. I got through the process and get

Success! You can now use Stash at the following address:

http://localhost:7990/

However, after unblocking that port and navigating to the URL, I never get anything back. I've tried changing the java version from OpenJDK to Oracle's Java. Same symptoms. Any advice?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2014

AH! I know this one!

You're using Java 1.8 (early access?), and Stash doesn't support it yet. You need to use Java 1.6 or 1.7 (ideally 1.7).

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Supported+platforms

jhinch (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2014

There is an open feature request for Java 8. We are hoping to add support for it soon.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2014

"Never get anything back" - timeout? Blank screen?

Have you checked the SELinux settings? What does the log file say?

Blank screen. There seems to be no activity associated with the port, so it takes about 2 secs to return "Cannot connect." I'll look at the SELinux now.

SE is disabled on the server.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2014

Hmm, so it can't be serving up anything over that port. Does netstat -a tell us it's actually listening?

What does the log file say?

ss -ln doesn't show 7990 listening. Which log file would you be referring to?

The stash directory home that I gave it in the config is completely empty.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2014

Ok, so if 7990 isn't listening, the service isn't really starting. Definitely need to look at the stash application log file.

Where is that? Like I mentioned, nothing is being put in the directory I created and configured as Stash's home.

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2014

Stash installation directory has logs as well, /log/catalina.out says anything?

Daniel Grimes March 23, 2014

There is no catalina file in log directory.

Daniel Grimes March 24, 2014

My mistake. I was looking in /var/logs/. catalina.out reads:

Error: Could not find or load main class Products.atlassian-stash-2.11.4.lib.native:.var.atlassian.application-data.stash.lib.native
Java HotSpot (TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
Error: Could not find or load main class Products.atlassian-stash-2.11.4.lib.native:.var.atlassian.application-data.stash.llib.native

Daniel Grimes March 27, 2014

Convert your last comment @Nic and I'll tag it as the approved answer.

Daniel Grimes March 27, 2014
Installing Java 1.7 worked. I appreciate the help. I ran into another problem as soon as I got stash responding on 7990.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2014

:-)

No harm in trying 8, but if in doubt!

0 votes

I'm installing on CentOS.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events