Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone has already added that SSH key

Ilya Navitsky August 18, 2022

Hi. I get the error "Someone has already added that SSH key" when trying to add SSH key on the Bitbucket Personal settings page.

Please create an internal ticket and provide details to the email of my community account.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2022

Hi @Ilya Navitsky,

I created a support ticket using the email of your community account, you should have received an email with a link to the ticket.

Please follow the link in that email and share in the ticket the public SSH key you are trying to add.

Just in case you haven't received an email, please feel free to let me know and I can post the ticket URL here.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Ilya Navitsky August 24, 2022

Thank you! I have attached my public key in the ticket.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2022

You are very welcome, please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Like Ilya Navitsky likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2022

There's no easy way to work this out because the keys that belong to other accounts should not be shared.

If you shared the key with someone, you should know who.  If you were given the key by someone, then you'll need to ask them.  

If you have no luck chasing it down, you can raise a support request with Atlassian, and they can search out the key for you and hence identify the account you shared it with.

If you don't want to spend ages chasing down the share, then you can (and should) create a new key for your account and use that instead.

Ilya Navitsky August 22, 2022

Thanks for reply. I just followed instructions to create a new question for this problem posted by an Atlassian Team member, Theodora, in the following topic:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Problem-quot-Someone-has-already-added-that-key-as-an-access-key/qaq-p/1851681

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events